Sabado, Hulyo 30, 2011

The Hydrosphere and It's Functions

      The Earth appears to be covered with 70% water,  the vast sphere of water so called as hydrosphere. The hydrosphere considered as the Earth's water budget about 97% of saltwater while the remaining is the freshwater        which is 3%. Among the freshwater on Earth, 2.59% is in the form of glaciers, ice caps, ice bergs. Hydrosphere refers to that portion of Earth that is composed of water. The hydrosphere represents one component of Earth's system, operating in conjunction with the solid crust (lithosphere) and the air that envelopes the planet which is the atmosphere.
       On the other hand, 0.41% on Earth's water are readily available for use for drinking, cooking, bathing and for man's survival. Water is important for the human race it's because water is one of the primary needs of humans and as a whole it is essential for the humans. Without the water, humans would die actually will last for a week. In general, the human body us mostly water. The human body is made up of 60% water, the brain is 77%, and the blood is about 50% water. 
          Sometimes, it is so easy to take our hydrosphere for granted and we need to take time to really think about the role of the hydrosphere that is part of our planet which plays in keeping us alive. Here are some of the important functions of the water in the hydrosphere. Water provides a habitat, the water in the hydrosphere provides an important place for many animals and plants to live. For human need, human use water in a several ways. Drinking water is obviously very important, but water is also used domestically in industry. These are some important functions of hydrosphere which is played by water in our planet.
            As we know, the Earth we live us today is the only one planet that is able to give and support life. Among the other factor, earth is just the right distance from the sun to have temperatures that are suitable for life to exist. Our planet also has water on it's surface which is something very unique. And Earth is often called the "Blue Planet" it's because most of it is covered with water. This water is made up of freshwater in the lakes and rivers, the saltwater from the groundwater and oceans. Together, all of these water bodies are called the hydrosphere.

Walang mga komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento